Page 17

DOROTHY
The notion that I need any advantage against him is insulting. Rose is here so that she can watch me break this scrub. Perhaps then, she'll listen to reason.

Slater looks at Rose and stands tall, fighting back the excruciating pain in his head.

SLATER
Rose...I will never let you go. I'll never stop thinking of you. I don't care what she does to me.

ROSE
Slater, don't fight her. Please. She'll kill you.

DOROTHY
Too late. It's time. Step back, Rose.

Rose and Raedale move away to a safe distance.

Slater grabs a pair of black drumsticks from his back pocket, twirling them dramatically before pointing at Dorothy. His eyes and his sticks glow with white energy as he crouches into a fighting stance.

Intrigued, Dorothy balls her fist. Her body illuminates in a dark purple aura.