Page 24

The images stop. Dorothy stands up, wiping away tears. Then she helps Slater and Rose to their feet.

DOROTHY
No one's ever linked with my daughter. I...didn't know she...could share something so...so magnificent with someone like you. I always thought it would have to be someone of higher standing. Rose's father always protected her. When he died, it was my job to fill that role. But if he could have seen that link...I'm sure he would be happy for you, Rose. And proud. I was wrong, honey. I'm sorry.

ROSE
Mom...

Rose and Dorothy hug. Dorothy extends a hand to Slater.

DOROTHY
Slater, my...apologies.

Slater shakes her hand.

SLATER
Accepted. And the inhibitor?

DOROTHY
What about it?

SLATER
Aren't you gonna remove it now?

DOROTHY
Absolutely not.

SLATER
What?! Why?!

Dorothy surrounds everyone in a sphere of purple light. Their feet start to leave the ground.

DOROTHY
Because I'm going to teach you how to break it yourself. Starting tomorrow, you'll be training with my daughter. It'll take time, but this way I can keep an eye on you two.

The four of them float away.
  

<– Previous Page |****| END