Page 8

Dorothy's hands wave around the diagram. Rose turns in her direction, disinterested in the forthcoming lesson.

DOROTHY
The human mind is engaged in over 100 trillion processes per second. To master neuro-arts, you must manipulate those processes by unlocking the energy that resides here.

Dorothy points to a spot on the diagram.

DOROTHY
The Anterior Cingulate Gyrus. It's the part of the brain that deals with self-control, self-discipline, and achievement.

ROSE
Mom, I know this stuff already. When are you going to teach me the cool stuff that you do? I want telepathy. I want your neuro-blast. When are you gonna show me?

DOROTHY
When you learn some discipline. When you finally start thinking about the big picture. You've graduated now, Rose. You're that much closer to securing your rightful place at WilsonCorp. You need to master the fundamentals of our craft. You also need to find a suitor.

ROSE
Oh, God. Here we go.